Friday, August 1, 2008

21 Days: Keep

Today I re-read a passage from 2 Nephi 25: 
(verse 21) Wherefore, for this cause hath the Lord God promised unto me that these things which I write shall be kept and preserved, and handed down unto my seed, from generation to generation, that the promise may be fulfilled...(verse 23) For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do. (verse 26) And we atalk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we bprophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our cchildren may know to what source they may look for a dremission of their sins.

I love the way Nephi words things. What an expansive perspective he lends as he reminds us how important it is to write. Today the book (21 Days Closer To Christ) challenged me to write my testimony of the Savior. To describe an experience that strengthened my testimony of Him and my relationship with Him. You can find one of mine here. It was a sweet experience.

As far as the "keeping" idea goes, I am reminded of Mary in Luke 2:19.
"Mary kept all these things, and apondered them in her heart."
I love the importance of writing our thoughts and our feelings, for safe-keeping for generations to follow. But i also think some things are best kept within the confines of our own hearts.

No comments: